Pissed Off Pinups by Stephanie Burrows

Monday, August 11, 2008

A couple of sketches and some calendar news.

I worked on some preliminary sketches for the calendar this weekend, and it looks like I have three solid ones so far. As it turns out, my previously posted idea for the theme wasn't working out so well (I'm going to make that the theme for the 2010 calendar so I have more time to spend on it), so I decided to just go with what came to me. I'm pretty happy with the direction it's going. I've also decided to do the illustrations in colored pencil on colored paper, like the devil girl sketch on the title banner at the top of the page.

I didn't want to post any previews of the calendar art yet, though, so here's a quick sketch of the devil girl and an angry chick's head:

No comments: