Pissed Off Pinups by Stephanie Burrows

Friday, September 21, 2007

Not much to post tonight.

But! I did come to a realization the other day, which resulted in some better roughs.

All/most of the drawings I've done since the devil chick haven't really fit into the overall look I was going for. And I have been sort of worrying for a while that the book was going to look like some mish-mashed hodge-podge of varying styles that just didn't go together, and would make it look like it was done by a variety of artists rather than one.

So I sat down and thought and sketched, keeping in mind what my strengths were, and what strong-points I have that really make up my design aesthetic. And now I believe I have a firmer grasp on what I really want this project to be. So yay for that. I've got some work planned for this weekend, and I'll at least update next Friday to let you all know how it develops.

In completely unrelated news, I got a haircut today. It almost looks like a modern take on Barbra Streisand as Fanny Bryce in Funny Girl, towards the end when she has shorter hair. It's really cool.

No comments: